The mission of the Franklin County Coroner's Office is to serve and protect the interests of the community by maintaining the highest standard of professionalism and integrity in determining the cause and manner of death.
We are dedicated as a team to provide services in an efficient and courteous manner, respecting the needs of the families involved. We want the citizens of Franklin County to know, by our words and actions, that we are sincere and loyal to them, and will deal respectfully with each and every death.
Find out which deaths are reportable to the Coroner.
For the safety of the residents of Franklin County and our staff, FCCO has made the following changes starting today until further notice:
- We are cancelling all internships, shadowing, tours, and medical school/hospital rotations to our office.
- We are cancelling all autopsy viewing by law enforcement and other agencies.
- Funeral homes have been asked to come between the hours of 3pm and 5pm or by appointment. When they arrive they are asked to stay in or by their vehicles, a staff member will come outside to assist.
- We are asking visitors to call instead of coming to our office. Answers to many questions by the public can be found on our website: coroner.franklincountyohio.gov.
- Please be patient. Our staff is small and if staff members need to remain home during this time our services will be delayed. We anticipate longer time delays for coroner reports and for public record requests. At this time our priority will be coroner reports to families of decedents.