For the safety of the residents of Franklin County and our staff, FCCO has made the following changes starting today until further notice:
- We are cancelling all internships, shadowing, tours, and medical school/hospital rotations to our office.
- We are cancelling all autopsy viewing by law enforcement and other agencies.
- Funeral homes have been asked to come between the hours of 3pm and 5pm or by appointment. When they arrive they are asked to stay in or by their vehicles, a staff member will come outside to assist.
- We are asking visitors to call instead of coming to our office. Answers to many questions by the public can be found on our website: coroner.franklincountyohio.gov.
- Please be patient. Our staff is small and if staff members need to remain home during this time our services will be delayed. We anticipate longer time delays for coroner reports and for public record requests. At this time our priority will be coroner reports to families of decedents.
The Franklin County Coroner's Office encourages educational exploration in the forensic field. We offer shadowing opportunities for students, over the age of 18, interested in future forensic or medical careers and currently enrolled in forensic programs or the medical field (mid-level providers and above). Shadowing involves a one day visit where you observe the department of your choice, including morgue or investigations.
Please allow at least 1 week for response to Shadowing Request Form submissions.
If you are a group interested in learning more about the coroner's office, investigations and autopsies, we offer a one hour educational activity which includes a presentation and tour of the facilities. This is only available for ages 18 and over. We are only able to accomodate groups with less than 10 students and have limited time slots available. Please email Charity Detty, email@example.com with information on the group and contact information.